Mirror, mirror on the wall.

 

Once upon a time I was told by a wise person about "mirrors".   Some of you know this.   I have shared about a time in my life that I didn't have the nicest words to say about relationships in my life.   My counselor told me whenever you have the ugly thought come into your head...don't say it outloud.   Take a look in the mirror.    YOU are not without flaws.   YOU are not without sin.   Get it together girl!

And of course we all know the saying..."If you do not have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!.

I found this reflection...

We are all mirrors reflecting something to people around us.

 

When we walk in love, kindness, patience, and humility, people can catch a glimpse of Christ in us. But when we criticize, gossip, or speak harshly about others, the reflection becomes distorted.

Before pointing out flaws in someone else, we should first look into our own mirror and ask God to reveal what needs changing in us. The way we treat others either reflects His grace or hides it.

 

Others may never read a Bible, but they will read the reflection of Christ they see in His people.





Another thought....Jesus was always asked why He hung out with "outcasts".  He was accused of hanging out with some very shady characters.  Prostitutes, drunks, people with disease and so many more.

 This is something all of us ask.   And do.   We say...I am not going to talk to that person or hang out with them.  They are mean or they don't have it together.  Or they are not in the same group as me.  Or they hurt my feelings.   But, we need to ask ourselves a question.   Why?    Is that person not worthy of God's kindness through us?   AND are we worthy?   Aren't we being hypocrites. 

We are all on a different place on the path.   We cannot make people walk faster or slow down.   The only thing we can do is be a light wherever we are on our path.









My favorite picture I found this week!!!

Remember friends....YOU ARE THE DAUGHTER AND REFLECTION OF THE KING!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1! New beginnings!

You model...they mirror

Honoring God at work…or everywhere!