Waiting and what to do while you wait.





Today I write after reading from the book of Acts.   Savannah wrote week before last on this very passage.   Her challenge to us was to “wait” for Him.    

I am doing the same study she did on Acts and I thought I would share just a little more as God definitely is continuing to challenge me every single day.  

To refresh your memory Savannah wrote about how Jesus told the disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit to come and help them.   Jesus had died and resurrected and He went up into the sky as they watched.   Can you imagine?    So, what did they do next?   Exactly what Jesus told them to do!    I mean if I had seen Jesus float into the air and up into the sky I would do whatever He told me to do also!    When we read these passages we/I can’t really contemplate this very thing happening.   

So the disciples went back to Jerusalem where He told them to not leave and waited.   While they waited what did they do?    They prayed.   Now these guys while Jesus was around were a constant bicker.   Like brothers bickering.    They were all different personalities and of course when you spend that much time together you tend to get on each others nerves.   But, in this case they did not.    They were united.   And they waited and while they waited they prayed that God would make His next move.    

Savannah said she wasn’t good at waiting.  I am not either.   I don’t think any of us are.    Think about when you have time in line at the store.    What do you do while you wait?   How about a drs office waiting area.   I tend to get out my phone.   The last time though when waiting at the drs office I did not pull out my phone.  I observed.  Guess what?   Everyone else was on their phone.   At first, I was uncomfortable.    So I picked up an out of date magazine.   Not even an interesting one.   It was a drs office one that had ads in.    Then when a new person came to sit, I decided to say hello.   They probably wished I didn’t.  Ha ha.  But I was trying something different.  Instead of scrolling on the phone.   

Then, once that person got on their phone I sat quietly and prayed for calm while I waited because it was a challenge to just sit there!

The point is how often do we wait for the Spirit to move in our life?   Never Rarely Sometimes Often Always?

And when we are waiting, how often do you to turn to prayer?  Same responses as above.   

I had to be honest and say rarely!   Sometimes never!!!

What do I do instead of waiting for an answer?    I tend to pick up the phone and call someone to talk about my problem/struggle.   This most of the time ends up being a gossip session and then I feel terrible after.  

My challenge to you and myself is to when you are struggling with something…instead of calling a friend to talk about it, go to Him and talk about it.   And then WAIT because His answer or solution will come when He wants.  

Hope this blesses you today.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1! New beginnings!

You model...they mirror

Honoring God at work…or everywhere!